This Directorate ensures that services and facilities necessary to support the administrative and other functions of the Ministry are available. It also ensures the provision of an effective and efficient system for internal checks.
• Offers effective administrative support to enable Hon. Minister to meet his/her obligations towards Cabinet and Parliament. This involves timely preparation of answers to parliamentary questions for the Minister to attend upon Parliament’s request.
• Plays a lead role in preparing of speeches for Hon. Minister, Minister of State and Deputy Ministers.
• Handles correspondence relating to major issues between the Ministry and its development
• Plays a major administrative role in the organisation of Donors Conference, Sod-cutting ceremonies for commencement of road projects and inauguration of completed projects.
• Provides Personnel Administration and Welfare
• Refurbishes and retools the Ministry, official residences as well as maintenance of Government accommodation occupied by staff, supervision and management of the Ministry’s vehicles, extension of service contracts for the maintenance of office equipment.
• Ensures an effective record management system for the Ministry.
• Collaborates with the PRO in the implementation of effective protocol services for senior officials and key personnel of the Ministry.
• Schedules and compiles quarterly, annual and special reports for the Ministry and its Agencies.
• Ensures prompt and quality delivery of services to the general public and the private sector.