Policy & Planning Directorate
The Policy and Planning Directorate functions to formulate, coordinate and communicate Ministerial policies to all MDAs under it. The Directorate also collect data, studies and review existing government and ministerial policies relating to the Ministry and its agencies. In its duties the Directorate prepares budgets and strategic and long term plans. In addition, the Directorate liaises with Donor Coordination units in the planning and programming of donor supported programmes of the Ministry and its Agencies.
Functions of Policy & Planning Directorate
1. Study and Review of Policies
Study and review all existing government and ministerial policies relating to the Ministry and its agencies
2. Inform Staff of Road Sector Policy
Regularly inform the staff of the Ministry and its agencies on all government policies relating to the roads and transport sub sectors.
3. Formulate and communicate Ministerial policies to all agencies under the Ministry
4. Collect Data in Collaboration with Agencies
Liaise with Directorates of the Ministry and its agencies for the collection of data for planning purposes.
5. Liaise with Donor Coordination Unit
Liaise with Donor Coordination Unit in the planning and programming of donor supported programmes of the Ministry and its Agencies.
6. Initiate and Coordinate Preparation of Transportation Plan
Initiate and coordinate in the preparation of the long term transportation plan of the Ministry.
7. Ensure Compliance with the Strategic Plans of the Ministry
Ensure compliance with the strategic plans of the Ministry and its Agencies. Prepare a five year Strategic Development plan for the Ministry.
8. Prepare A-Three – Year Rolling Plan
Prepare a- three – year rolling plan (MTEF) out of the 5- year strategic development plan of all activities of the Ministry and its Agencies.
9. Identify Possible Sources of Funding for all Activities and Programme
Tincidunt elit magnis nulla facilisis. Dolor sagittis maecenas. Sapien nunc amet ultrices, dolores sit ipsum velit purus aliquet, massa fringilla leo orci.