The Audit Committee of the Ministry of Roads and Highways has been inaugurated in Accra.
The five-member Committee is chaired by Mr Ransford Agyei, a former Director-General of the Internal Audit Agency representing the Agency on the Committee.
Other members are Mr Francis Sinatra Nkrumah and Mrs Stella Hannah A. B. Segbawu from the Internal Audit Agency and Dr Gideon Asamoah Tetteh and Ing. Philip Lartey from the Ministry of Roads and Highways.
Inaugurating the Committee, the Director-General of the Internal Audit Agency, Dr Oduro Osae, admonished the members to yield to the call to national duty.
“You are required to draw the attention of the ministry to issues of concern and offer professional guidance and counselling whenever necessary,” he said.
On his part, the Minister of Roads and Highways, Hon. Kwasi Amoako-Attah implored committee members to provide the needed guidance and support to the Ministry to avoid audit queries.
The Minister further called on the Committee to discharge their duties dispassionately as enshrined in the Internal Audit Agency Act without fear or favour to ensure proper checks and balances and promote good governance.
“You have my full support. Be fearless, courageous and board in carrying out this assignment,” he emphasised.
The Chairman of the Committee, Mr Ransford Agyei, assured Minister that the committee would work diligently to offer professional advice to the Ministry.
Source: Public Affairs Unit-MRH
- PRESS RELEASE: ALLEGATIONS OF ORGANISED CRIME IN THE AWARD OF ROAD CONTRACTS | 23rd October 2023
- PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT MEASURES TO AID WORK ON THE TEMA MOTORWAY GRADE SEPARATED INTERSECTION (PHASE 2) | 25th September 2023
- Technical inputs help make informed decisions
- PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: ATTENTION MOTORISTS AND COMMUTERS | 17th September, 2023
- GHA replaces stolen bolts on Motorway Tunnel