One out of four construction companies contracted by government to fix the major roads affected by the flood that hit the Upper West Region has commenced work.
The Lebanese-Ghana-based construction firm, P&W Ghanem is working on the Goriyiri section of the road located on the Wa-Nadowli highway.
The bituminous road was completely washed off leaving the culvert.
The ongoing work follows a visit by the Roads and Highways Minister, Kwesi Amoako-Atta, to the region after the disaster. He pledged to have the roads fixed within the shortest possible time.
- CLARIFICATION ON CESSATION OF ROAD AND BRIDGE TOLLS NATIONWIDE – PRESS RELEASE
- We only suspended operationalization of toll collection, not the law – Roads Ministry
- Excerpts of 2022 Budget Statement on Ministry of Roads and Highways
- PRESS RELEASE: CESSATION OF ROAD AND BRIDGE TOLL COLLECTION NATIONWIDE
- Year of Roads: “We will use strategic plan to complete projects”