The Minister for Roads and Highways, Hon. Kwasi Amoako-Attah has assured the Paramount Chief of Mampong Traditional Area, Dasebre Osei Bonsu II, of the government’s readiness to fix the damaged bridge linking the major Kumasi-Mampong-Ejura-Yeji trunk road.
The Minister gave the assurance when he visited the site, in the company of a team of engineers, to assess the nature of the damage on Tuesday, January 24 2023. The bridge, spanning across river Tatafro on the outskirt of Asante Mmapong, caved in few months ago disrupting vehicular movement.
Briefing the Hon. Minister and his entourage, the Regional Highway Director, Ing. Frederick Adu Agyei said, at the time of constructing the bridge the nature of the river was not as it is now.
He further intimated that drawings, designs and other materials such as culverts were ready for the commencement of the fixing of the bridge.
- PRESS RELEASE: Response to Statement by Hon. Kwame Governs Agbodza on Completed Road Projects
- MRH Chief Director adjudged “Most PR Friendly Chief Director” of the Year (2022)
- Roads Ministry wins Best Social Media PR Unit Award
- Government pledges to fix damaged bridge on Kumasi-Mampong-Ejura-Yeji trunk road
- Works on Kwabre East Roads progress steadily