The Minister of Roads and Highways, Hon. Kwasi Amoako-Attah, has sworn in a 13-member Board of the Ghana Road Fund in Accra.
The Board is chaired by Hon. Alexander Kwamina Afenyo-Markin, Member of Parliament for Effutu and Deputy Majority Leader.
At a brief ceremony in Accra, the Minister of Roads and Highways, Hon. Kwasi Amoako-Attah, announced that the government has released GHc800million to pay road contractors across the country.
He charged the Board to work hard and devise creative and innovative ways to raise funds to support the road sector.
For his part, Hon. Afenyo-Markin said the Board will “work diligently to ensure that the quality of new roads being built and the lifespan of the old ones under maintenance are durable and provide the best possible value for money”.
The Road Fund, is a statutory fund, dedicated to finance routine and periodic maintenance of the nation’s road network, including road safety activities and selected projects.
Below is the full list of the Board members:
01. Hon. Alexander Kwamina Afenyo-Markin (Chairman), President’s Nominee
02. Ing. Godfried D. Boateng, President’s Nominee
03. Mrs Azara Abukari Haroun , Minister’s Nominee
04. Mr. Prince Benjamin Aboagye, Minister’s Nominee
05. Mr. Kwasi Kwaning, Bosompem Controller & Accountant General Department
06. Ms. Yvonne Quansah, Ministry of Finance
07. Mr. Anthony Selom Dzadzra, Ministry of Energy
08. Mr Frank Raji, Ministry of Local Govt. & Rural Development
09. Nana Osei Bonsu, Private Enterprise Federation
10. Mr Lemuel Quarshie Martey, Ghana National Assoc. of Farmers and Fishermen
11. Mr. John Ashford Afful Jnr. , Association of Road Contractors
12. Alhaji Abdullai Abubakari Yakubu, Ghana Road Transport Coordinating Council
13. Ing. John Kwesi Danso, Ghana Institution of Engineering
Source: MRH, PR Unit
- CLARIFICATION ON CESSATION OF ROAD AND BRIDGE TOLLS NATIONWIDE – PRESS RELEASE
- We only suspended operationalization of toll collection, not the law – Roads Ministry
- Excerpts of 2022 Budget Statement on Ministry of Roads and Highways
- PRESS RELEASE: CESSATION OF ROAD AND BRIDGE TOLL COLLECTION NATIONWIDE
- Year of Roads: “We will use strategic plan to complete projects”