President Akufo-Addo, as part of a three-day tour of the Eastern Region, inspected ongoing work on the 112km Nkawkaw-Abirem-Ofoase-Akim Oda Road.
The Nkawkaw – New Abirem section, awarded to Messrs Volta Impex Ltd is currently 98.2% completed.
Works on the new Abirem-Ofoasekuma section, which was awarded to Messrs First Sky Ltd, is also 92% complete.
While the section of Ofoasekuma – Oda awarded to Messrs Erdmac Company Ltd is currently 56.9% completed.
The following are among the roadworks that have been completed:
1. Widening the existing road to the standard width of 11.3m, including shoulders.
2. Improved vertical and horizontal alignment to improve overall road safety.
3. Installation of u-drains in all major towns along the corridor, as well as trapezoidal drains at major cut sections of the road.
4. Installation of various-sized crossed drainage structures at low-line areas and water crossing points.
5. Provision of road safety furniture to improve overall road safety.
6. Pavement constructed with a 150mm natural gravel subbase and a 60/40 mechanically stabilized base.
The President expressed his satisfaction with the progress of the work.