Works on the reconstruction of the 30km Anwiankwanta to Obuasi Road is 82 per cent completed.
The project which is being undertaken by Joshob Construction Co. Ltd is expected to be completed ahead of schedule.
The road when completed, will enhance socio-economic activities in the area and facilitate the efficient movement of people and goods to towns such as Anwiankwanta, Daa, Patasi, Kwapia, Dadwen, Obuasi and the surrounding communities.
These were disclosed by the resident engineer on the project, Ing. Ernest Owusu-Ansah when H.E. President Nana Akufu-Addo visited the Project site, yesterday, as part of his 4-day tour of the Ashanti Region.
According to Ing. Owusu-Ansah, the improved condition of the road will promote agricultural activities and trade as well as ensure efficient delivery of services in Bekwai Municipal and Obuasi Municipality and their contiguous districts.
Source: Ministry of Roads and Highways – PR UNIT
- Tema-Aflao Road Phase 1 Progresses Steadily
- President inspects Bolgatanga-Bawku-Polimakom Road Project
- President Akufo-Addo Cuts Sod for Dualisation of Yendi, Bimbila Township Roads
- Challenges won’t Affect Road Sector – President Akufo-Addo Assures
- Works on the 64km Ashaiman Roundabout to Atimpoku Begins