Works on the reconstruction of the 30km Anwiankwanta to Obuasi Road is 82 per cent completed.
The project which is being undertaken by Joshob Construction Co. Ltd is expected to be completed ahead of schedule.
The road when completed, will enhance socio-economic activities in the area and facilitate the efficient movement of people and goods to towns such as Anwiankwanta, Daa, Patasi, Kwapia, Dadwen, Obuasi and the surrounding communities.
These were disclosed by the resident engineer on the project, Ing. Ernest Owusu-Ansah when H.E. President Nana Akufu-Addo visited the Project site, yesterday, as part of his 4-day tour of the Ashanti Region.
According to Ing. Owusu-Ansah, the improved condition of the road will promote agricultural activities and trade as well as ensure efficient delivery of services in Bekwai Municipal and Obuasi Municipality and their contiguous districts.
Source: Ministry of Roads and Highways – PR UNIT
- PRESS RELEASE: ALLEGATIONS OF ORGANISED CRIME IN THE AWARD OF ROAD CONTRACTS | 23rd October 2023
- PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT MEASURES TO AID WORK ON THE TEMA MOTORWAY GRADE SEPARATED INTERSECTION (PHASE 2) | 25th September 2023
- Technical inputs help make informed decisions
- PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: ATTENTION MOTORISTS AND COMMUTERS | 17th September, 2023
- GHA replaces stolen bolts on Motorway Tunnel