A total of 301.6km of trunk roads are expected to be completed in the Eastern Region by the end of 2022.
This represents about 50 per cent of a total of 631.5km of trunk roads which were awarded in the region by the Ghana Highways Authority (GHA) in 2019.
Briefing the President, Nana Akufo-Addo at a sod-cutting ceremony in the Eastern Region, the Eastern Regional Highway Director, Mr Charles Adubofour said a total of 11 major trunk roads are currently under construction in the region.
They include the reconstruction of the Osiem-Begoro road, which is 100 per cent completed, the reconstruction of the Kwabeng-Akropong Road, 80 per cent completed, the reconstruction of the Kwabeng to Abomosu – Asuom Road which is 75 per cent completed and the reconstruction of the New Abirem-Ofoasekum road which stands at 80 per cent completed.
Others are the reconstruction of the Oda-Amanfopong road, 70 per cent completed; the reconstruction of the Assam-Subi Road, 66 per cent completed; the reconstruction of the Nkawkaw-New Abirem road, 60 per cent completed and the rehabilitation of the Asamankese-Akroso road, 60 per cent completed.
- Tema-Aflao Road Phase 1 Progresses Steadily
- President inspects Bolgatanga-Bawku-Polimakom Road Project
- President Akufo-Addo Cuts Sod for Dualisation of Yendi, Bimbila Township Roads
- Challenges won’t Affect Road Sector – President Akufo-Addo Assures
- Works on the 64km Ashaiman Roundabout to Atimpoku Begins