President of Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo, has cut sod for the construction of the 15-kilometre Nyankomase-Assin Jakai road.
The project consists of the construction of feeder roads from Fante Nyankomase through Assin Jakai, Abaasa to Framase Junction; the Assin Jakai town roads; and the Jakai-Abedin Feeder Roads.
Briefing the President during a ceremony for the commencement of works, the Central Regional Director of Feeder Roads, Ing Braimah Abdullah said the road, when completed, will provide access to farms for residents in the Assin South District, and access to social facilities like schools, CHPs compound and clinics will be greatly enhanced.
The project which is being undertaken by Top International Eng. Ghana Limited is expected to be completed by October 2023.
- CLARIFICATION ON CESSATION OF ROAD AND BRIDGE TOLLS NATIONWIDE – PRESS RELEASE
- We only suspended operationalization of toll collection, not the law – Roads Ministry
- Excerpts of 2022 Budget Statement on Ministry of Roads and Highways
- PRESS RELEASE: CESSATION OF ROAD AND BRIDGE TOLL COLLECTION NATIONWIDE
- Year of Roads: “We will use strategic plan to complete projects”