Yesterday, the President, Nana Akufo-Addo, inspected ongoing work on the construction of the 31.2-kilometre Assin Praso-Assin Fosu Road.
The project involves the rehabilitation of the 31.2km of road between Assin Fosu and Assin Praso; the dualization into a 4-lane carriageway of a 1.2km Assin Fosu township roads; the reconstruction of the railway underpass bridge; and the reconstruction of drainage structures between Assin Fosu and Assin Praso.
The project, when completed, will significantly enhance the social-economic lives of the people in the Assin area, facilitate the movement of goods to and from the Takoradi Port, ensure easy access to markets and services, guarantee reductions in road accidents and road user costs, and improve travel time.
These were disclosed by Ing Samuel kwasi Akuaku, Regional Director of the Ghana Highway Authority in the Central region when the President inspected the project as part of this 2-day working visit of the Region.
The road is being constructed by Shimizu Dia-Nippon Joint Ventures at an estimated cost of $50million and is expected to be completed by November 2023.
Source: MRH, PR UNIT.
- Tema-Aflao Road Phase 1 Progresses Steadily
- President inspects Bolgatanga-Bawku-Polimakom Road Project
- President Akufo-Addo Cuts Sod for Dualisation of Yendi, Bimbila Township Roads
- Challenges won’t Affect Road Sector – President Akufo-Addo Assures
- Works on the 64km Ashaiman Roundabout to Atimpoku Begins