The Chiefs and people of the Upper West Region have expressed their gratitude to government, especially the Minister of Roads and Highways, Hon Kwasi Amoako Attah. This comes after the reconstruction of some major road networks in the region, destroyed by heavy rains and flooding some few days ago.
The roads were Yizi, which lies between Nadowi and Yagha on route R132, a location between Guoriyiri and Nadowi on route N12 and a location just before Daffiema on the Sambo-Daffiema Road.
Responding to the Chiefs, during a courtesy call on Wa Naa as part of a working visit to the Region, the Hon. Kwasi Amoako-Attah said government’s primary aim was to “ reconstruct the roads for vehicular movement and to restore economic activities in the region.”
“The contractors will go ahead to make sure that the reconstruction and reinstatement of the roads are done to specifications to ensure that you don’t have to experience these again,” he stressed.
The visit is aimed at inspecting the progress of work on the above-mentioned roads.
Below: The Minister’s visit in Pictures
Source: Ministry of Roads and Highways – PR unit
- CLARIFICATION ON CESSATION OF ROAD AND BRIDGE TOLLS NATIONWIDE – PRESS RELEASE
- We only suspended operationalization of toll collection, not the law – Roads Ministry
- Excerpts of 2022 Budget Statement on Ministry of Roads and Highways
- PRESS RELEASE: CESSATION OF ROAD AND BRIDGE TOLL COLLECTION NATIONWIDE
- Year of Roads: “We will use strategic plan to complete projects”