Construction of 6 selected roads in Sekondi-Takoradi, Paa Grant Interchange starts in March 2022
The construction of 6 selected roads in Sekondi and Takoradi and an interchange at the Paa Grant Roundabout are expected to start in March 2022.
The project, which Messrs Viabuild Africa will undertake, is in two Phases and is expected to run simultaneously.
Briefing the Minister of Roads and Highways, Hon. Kwasi Amoako-Attah, during his working visit in the Western Region, Jones Adu-Debrah, the Regional Director for the Department of Urban Roads, said Phase 1 of the project involves widening the Adiembra, Sekondi, GSTS and the Axim Roads, a total of 10.67km, into multi-lane dual carriageways. The Shippers Council and DeGraft Johnson Roads, 2.64km, will also be rehabilitated.
Whiles Phase 2 of the project consists of constructing an Interchange at the Paa Grant Roundabout and widening the 17km Essipong-Sekoo Junction Bypass into a multi-lane dual-carriageway.
The Minister said the government recognizes the importance of the Western Region and its contribution to the country’s economy and would ensure that the area received its fair share of road infrastructure.
Source: Public Affairs Unit, MRH
- Tema Motorway Roundabout Phase 2 starts in September
- 5 Districts and Municipal Assemblies to benefit from 167.98KM Tamale-Yendi-Tatale Road Project
- Savelugu-Walewale road construction begins
- $15.6bn Abidjan Lagos highway: Ghana route most profitable
- Upgrading of Asikuma-Have Road Progresses Steadily