PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: Interruption to Flow of Vehicular Traffic At the Flowerpot Roundabout For The Construction Of The Flyover Over The Motorway Project
The Ministry of Roads and Highways acting through the Department of Urban Roads wishes to inform the general public and all Road users that, owing to intense construction activities at the southern approach of the Flyover over the Motorway project, the Flowerpot Roundabout Bound traffic will experience some disruptions to traffic flow from 13th June 2023 to 31st October 2023.
Traffic control measures:
1) Traffic from Galaxy Oil/Shell Filling Station to Motorway shall go straight along the Bank of Ghana wall.
2) Traffic from Accra Mall to Motorway shall go round the roundabout by turning left onto the bank of Ghana road and head towards the motorway
3) Traffic from Spintex old road/ Melcom to Motorway shall make a right turn on reaching the roundabout onto the Bank of Ghana road
4) Traffic from Spintex old road/ Melcom to Accra Mall shall make a right turn on reaching the roundabout unto the bank of Ghana road and make a left turn between P3 and P4 to join traffic from Motorway onto Oak Plaza toward Accra Mall.
5) Traffic from Spintex old road/ Melcom to Palace Mall shall join traffic from Melcom to Accra Mall and go straight without making a right turn on reaching the Palace roundabout towards Burma Camp road.
6) Traffic from Accra Mall/Oak Plaza to Palace Mall/Burma Camp/Major Mahama Roundabout shall turn right on reaching the Palace Mall Roundabout.
7) Traffic from Accra Mall/Oak Plaza to Spintex old road/ Melcom Ghana shall go round the roundabout as their movement will not be changed in the stage 1 construction but in the stage 3 the shall be diverted around PS7 and PS8 piers.
8) Traffic from Galaxy Oil to Palace Mall shall join the traffic from Spintex old road/ Melcom Ghana to Palace Mall driving on the Burma Cmap round
9) Traffic from Accra Mall/Oak Plaza towards Nii Martey Tsuru and Kojo Sro shall go join traffic from Oak Plaza to Spintex old road and make a right turn at the GT bank opposite the new Spintex Police Station and go straight driving on the New Spintex road 1 and 2 intersection and make a right turn onto the Martey Tsuru main road.
10) Traffic from Burma Camp and Major Mahama Roundabout to Spintex shall be diverted onto the Kojo Sro street and make a right turn onto the main Martey Tsuru street to head towards Spintex.
11) Traffic from Burma Camp and Major Mahama Roundabout to Palace Mall and Accra Mall shall join traffic to Spintex from Burma Camp but shall make a left turn on reaching the main Martey Tsuru road.
12) Traffic to Martey Tsuru shall go straight on the main Martey Tsuru road and make a left turn on approaching the Palace mall traffic light to join traffic from Burma Camp and Major Mahama roundabout.