The Ministry of Roads and Highways has issued reclassification certificates to thirty-one road construction companies after they have been vetted and reclassified by the newly reconstituted Road Classification Committee.
Another thirty-nine companies have gone through the reclassification process awaiting the issuance of certificates by the Ministry.
It will be recalled that in September last year, the Minister for Roads and Highways, Hon. Kwasi Amoako-Attah, inaugurated a 9-member committee chaired by Ing. Dr Abass M. Awolu, Chief Director of the Ministry to grade road contractors into respective categories and financial classes.
Explaining the significance of the exercise during the inauguration last year, the Minister said “the exercise is to put contractors in their rightful categories. We are not preventing anybody from working, but you must get the right classification for the right jobs.”
The Ministry, through various public notices, has encouraged all road contractors to take advantage of the reclassification process currently ongoing to be reclassified since only road contractors who are reclassified and registered will be eligible to undertake roads, bridges and related works awarded by the government.
Below is the list of the Thirty-One reclassified road construction companies:
|NAME OF COMPANY
|First Sky Ltd
|Midwest Contract Works Ltd
|Poly Changda Overseas Eng. Co. Ltd
|Justmoh Construction Ltd.
|Kings Engineering and Construction
|My Turn Ltd.
|Ussuya (Ghana) Ltd
|Zonda Tec Ghana Ltd
|Joshob Construction Co. Ltd
|Kingspok Company Ltd
|Attachy Construction Ltd
|Resources Access Ltd
|Amandi Investment Ltd
|China Jiangxi Engineering Ghana Ltd
|Cymain Ghana Ltd
|Erdmac Company Ltd
|Fekams Company Ltd
|Mchud Developers & Construction Ltd
|Ashcal Investment Ltd
|Sinohydro Ghana Ltd
|Rolider Ghana Ltd
|General Construction & Dev. Ltd
|Kingdwosco Ent. Ltd.
|Memphis Metropolitan Ltd
|China Geo-Engineering Corporation Ghana Ltd
|Kofi Jobs Company Ltd
|Maripoma Enterprise Ltd
|Volta Impex Ltd
- Asenso-Boakye charges contractor to complete Tema Motorway Roundabout Phase 2 by October 2024.
- Roads Minister Asenso-Boakye engages Japan Ambassador on completion of key projects
- PRESS RELEASE: GOVERNMENT RELEASES GHC 150 MILLION TO PATCH POTHOLES ACROSS THE COUNTRY | 15th February 2024
- PRESS RELEASE: ALLEGATIONS OF ORGANISED CRIME IN THE AWARD OF ROAD CONTRACTS | 23rd October 2023
- PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT MEASURES TO AID WORK ON THE TEMA MOTORWAY GRADE SEPARATED INTERSECTION (PHASE 2) | 25th September 2023