Construction of 4 major by-passes on Accra-Kumasi highway to start in March 2022
The Construction of 4 major by-pass roads on the Accra-Kumasi highway is expected to start in March 2022 as part of the ongoing Accra-Kumasi highway dualization project to reduce vehicular traffic.
The by-passes are the 11.6Km Osino by-pass, the 6.1 Km Anyinam bypass, the 10.6Km Enyiresi by-pass and the 13.5Km Konogo by-passes.
To this end, the government of Ghana has signed eight separate contracts, to the sum of GHc2 billion, for the programme.
These were disclosed by the Chairman of the Roads and Transport Committee in Parliament and MP for Akim Swedru, Kennedy Osei Nyarko.
He explained that the government has assigned an agreement with Eight different Ghanaian companies to carry out these projects and stressed that “the government is carrying out these projects with the vision to reduce accidents on this stretch and manage the heavy traffic flow for motorists and other road users.”
“These are contracts the government has already awarded; the companies are the biggest construction companies currently in Ghana with the most resources,” he noted.
- Tema-Aflao Road Phase 1 Progresses Steadily
- President inspects Bolgatanga-Bawku-Polimakom Road Project
- President Akufo-Addo Cuts Sod for Dualisation of Yendi, Bimbila Township Roads
- Challenges won’t Affect Road Sector – President Akufo-Addo Assures
- Works on the 64km Ashaiman Roundabout to Atimpoku Begins