President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is expected to cut sod for the reconstruction of the Tarkwa-Agona-Nkwanta road as part of his tour of the Western Region.
The Tarkwa – Agona-Nkwanta 66-kilometer-route is referred to as Inter-Regional Route 6 (IR6) under the Trunk Road System of the Ministry of Roads and Highways. The Route connects the mineral and agricultural rich lands in the Western, Ashanti, Western North and Central Regions to the Port of Takoradi.
Many of the famous mining towns can be linked easily via this section of the IR6. Some of the towns are Bibiani, Sefwi Wiaoso, Obuasi, Dunkwa, Ayamfuri and Tarkwa.
IR6 also intersects the National Route 1 (N1) at Apimanim. The N1 is the national route that links Ghana to La Cote D’Ivoire and Togo.
The completion of the section will remove the usual congestion along the road, especially, the drudgery at Tarkwa, the famous mining town.
Source: Ministry of Roads and Highways – PR Unit
- Asenso-Boakye charges contractor to complete Tema Motorway Roundabout Phase 2 by October 2024.
- Roads Minister Asenso-Boakye engages Japan Ambassador on completion of key projects
- PRESS RELEASE: GOVERNMENT RELEASES GHC 150 MILLION TO PATCH POTHOLES ACROSS THE COUNTRY | 15th February 2024
- PRESS RELEASE: ALLEGATIONS OF ORGANISED CRIME IN THE AWARD OF ROAD CONTRACTS | 23rd October 2023
- PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT MEASURES TO AID WORK ON THE TEMA MOTORWAY GRADE SEPARATED INTERSECTION (PHASE 2) | 25th September 2023