President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is expected to cut sod for the reconstruction of the Tarkwa-Agona-Nkwanta road as part of his tour of the Western Region.
The Tarkwa – Agona-Nkwanta 66-kilometer-route is referred to as Inter-Regional Route 6 (IR6) under the Trunk Road System of the Ministry of Roads and Highways. The Route connects the mineral and agricultural rich lands in the Western, Ashanti, Western North and Central Regions to the Port of Takoradi.
Many of the famous mining towns can be linked easily via this section of the IR6. Some of the towns are Bibiani, Sefwi Wiaoso, Obuasi, Dunkwa, Ayamfuri and Tarkwa.
IR6 also intersects the National Route 1 (N1) at Apimanim. The N1 is the national route that links Ghana to La Cote D’Ivoire and Togo.
The completion of the section will remove the usual congestion along the road, especially, the drudgery at Tarkwa, the famous mining town.
Source: Ministry of Roads and Highways – PR Unit
- CLARIFICATION ON CESSATION OF ROAD AND BRIDGE TOLLS NATIONWIDE – PRESS RELEASE
- We only suspended operationalization of toll collection, not the law – Roads Ministry
- Excerpts of 2022 Budget Statement on Ministry of Roads and Highways
- PRESS RELEASE: CESSATION OF ROAD AND BRIDGE TOLL COLLECTION NATIONWIDE
- Year of Roads: “We will use strategic plan to complete projects”